Monday, December 3

Dave Ja Vu: Anew

Thanks For This Thankfulness
Part Two

Babies. While it seems like everyone is pregnant right now but us (and trust us, we'll start on number two when we're good and ready), it is always enjoyable to think about how the first child or next child in each of these families is going to play into their already-blessed lives. It never gets old seeing brand-new faces join this world and thankfully, they're all blessed with completely awesome families (parents in particular). Good luck to all 10 of your families!

My Youthful Looks. Not many 30-year-olds can complain about getting carded on every rare occasz when they want an adult bev. But that's not the extent of my youthful looks getting me in trouble. Yesterday at work, I was talking to a customer about putting up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day. These are her exact words: "Oh, that's fun, but a little early. Did you do this with your parents or are you out of the house now?" Yeah, that's a good feeling. And this past summer I was at the gas station filling up my grocery-getter of a car and a woman (I'd put her at 40+) was having a hard time with the pump because it was electronic. I helped her out and we both went in to pay at the same time. She gave the attendant a rift of poo about the pumps, then said, "If this nice high school kid right here wouldn't have helped me out, I'd still be out there now." I just replied, "It was no problem...ma'am." Do people not see the crow's feet on this high school kid!?

3 comments:

The Blecha Family said...

Be glad for the carding. I have been carded a total of about 2 times since I started going to the bar.
I look old. And it's sad. It's an inconvenience I never thought I'd miss.

Charlie said...

I would have to say you get your "youngness" from your parents. Continue to be thankful for your youthfull appearance, once it fades...


Just like the thought...POOF...

Cara said...

You're lucky you have all your hair! The thinning on top is the only thing that makes people think Aaron's older than 18! (don't tell him I said that)