Monday, April 14

The Reason I Haven't Blogged Much Lately

I think we can safely say that this particular project was the MOST frustrating, the cheapest as far as cost, and the most rewarding as far as total payoff. It literally changes the layout of our entire living space and makes you feel like you're actually a part of the house when you're in the kitchen...not like you're on another planet. Next up: carrying that tile into the kitchen, putting up the breakfast nook where the table is, then enjoying the heck out of our newly-remodeled space.
The pics just do not do it any justice. I still have to paint but couldn't wait to show it off. It took two days to complete, but when it was done, it was just amazing. You need to see it in person to get the full effect.
Check it out! I'm very proud of all of my accomplishments in this photo: the floor, the cutout and the Jack!

11 comments:

Blackmans said...

That is awesome! Good work, Dave and Amy!

Sherman said...

It looks so great! I can't wait to see it in May. Maybe I'll snag a few tips to use on our house. Great work. See you soon!

Wheeler Family said...

This looks so cool!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

OMG! I LOVE it! This looks so neat! And I'm sure it's even better in person... man we really need to come for another visit SOON!

We too, have been remodeling a little. Joe & I just went & got stuff for our new deck over the weekend! He tore the old one off yesterday & already started the frame for the new one... now comes the waiting game for me... it won't be done soon enough I'm sure! ;o)


Good work! Luv you guys...

Charlie said...

Looking good!!!

Staab Boys said...

Great job Dave! Sorry we didn't get over last week like I said we would. Life has been crazy. We'll try soon.

Miner Ramblings said...

Looks damn good buddy. It's amazing how doing a small remodel can really change the look of a place.

The Hagan Clan said...

I dig the new look...you guys did an awesome job!!!

Anonymous said...

Dave, you did a great job. Looks fantastic. Dad.

Sarah said...

Lookin' good!! How is the tiling coming? Is that the reason this blog entry is two weeks old? Or, is it just because nothing exciting is going on there either? The latter is our reason. (:

Blackmans said...

Ok... so I wasn't going to say anything, but now even Luke is saying you need to update your blog. I know your busy- but we need to see all the cute things Jack is doing!! PLEASE!!!