Monday, April 7

I'll Get By With A Little Help From My 'Rents

My parents came to town so my dad could help me put together our breakfast bar, which included re-plumbing the dishwasher, moving many different things around, cutting down the counter that came in the wrong size (which was, remarkably, only half my fault; should have stood my ground a little more about the sink counter measurements at Menard's). We worked from sun up to sun down Saturday, then several hours on Sunday too. Nana and Papa took care of Jack on Friday since his daycare was closed that day, and he enjoyed his time with them. By Sunday, he had bypassed calling my dad 'pop pop' and just called him 'gampa'. Still working on getting him to say 'nana' though; his tongue has trouble with N's.
Here's one of the Barker's beauties...oh wait...that's my mom!
Thanks, Nana, for the awesome curtains!

And the Vrbi showing off the partially finished kitchen. I'll be doing the tile next weekend and the touch-up painting behind the fridge. Then we're knocking out part of that wall to our left...just part...don't freak out! Even with lots more work to do, we love our kitchen now! Yay!

Thanks, Grams and Gramps!

7 comments:

Blackmans said...

I love the kitchen! I am really impressed with the way you take on your house projects! I never thought you would be doing those things! I can't wait to see it in person.

Staab Boys said...

Looks awesome! I too am looking forward to seeing it in person. Maybe we can get the boys together after work and before dinner sometime this week.

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

WOW! That looks so cool! Man, when you guys want something done - you get it DONE! Sheesh! Looks great - good job!

Anonymous said...

Great kitchen, guys!! It was a wonderful weekend, and there's the proof! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks fabulous!!! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of your mom and the curtains looks nice. The kitchen looks good too, I bet you can't wait for it to be done.

sixbehrs said...

That looks so nice. You'll enjoy it.