Friday, March 14

Tag! I'm It!

I was tagged by Mindy, Sarah and Renee...

Here's how you play. Once you've been tagged you have to write a blog of ten weird, random things, facts or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose five people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them to be tagged. Don't forget to leave them a comment "You're it!" and tell them to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you. Since you can't tag that person back, let her know when you've posted your blog so she can read your answers.

Ed's note: Okay, first off, this is just silly. Secondly, that's exactly why I love it! I am not feeling the best today; fighting off the stomach flu for the SECOND time this year. Puked my guts out last night after leaving work early. So, if my random notes about myself aren't life-alteringly Hilarious Duff, forgive.

1. My movie watching is pretty limited because I absolutely refuse to watch ANY movie with any of the following people starring: Meg Ryan, Melanie Griffith, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Billy Bob Thornton, Russell Crowe, Renee Zellweger, Brittany Murphy, (since all her surgery left her looking emaciated and wonky-eyed), Kate Hudson, Salma Hayek, Owen Wilson and many others too numerous to list. I just don't have time to watch movies very much anymore, so I REALLY can't stand bad ones...

2. Ever since I was really little, I would 'cocoon' myself in my blanket when I go to bed. For years, I had to share a bed with Broseph, thus sharing covers, and would always freeze (a) because he hogged the covers or (b) because whenever you share covers with someone else, there's always that gap between you where all the cold air comes jutting in. What's the point of that?! So, ever since Amy and I moved in together, we tried sharing blankets for a while, but we'd both be severely uncomfortable, so we just went to having our own blankets. Now we both know neither one of us could go back to sharing a blanket! Oh, and sheets? Fuggetaboutit!

3. In my old age, I've become somewhat of a worrier. I worry about the dumbest things too, and my co-workers can attest to that. If I don't hear from Amy by 4:30, I get really nervous and start trying to reach her on her cell. If I can't get ahold of her, I start freaking out thinking something's happened to her. Actually, just typing this gives me heebs (either that or it's my stomach freaking out again). Another random fact, if I went through my phone and did an average on how many times I talk to her per day on the celly, it would be...oh, I'm guessing here...five or six...

4. I broke my nose several years ago being stupid (okay, it was at a party and I was doing the Karate Kid crane kick and accidentally knee'd myself in the schnozz; this after having my little ricegrinder car crunched when Otter tried to push it out of the mud with his truck, bless his little helpful heart). Now, whenever a picture is taken of me, I notice how it's kinda wonky. Weird how I don't notice it when I look in the mirror but photographs seem to capture it perfectly...

5. I have a problem with so-called authority. This may be apparent to those of you who really know me.

6. I always said I'd be perfectly happy if Amy and I had all boys, but I think we both kind of want a little girl too. And no, she is NOT pregnant. I can't stress that enough.

7. The only kids' books I can really stand to read are Dr. Seuss and a short list of others. There are some really mind-numbingly bad children's books out there. And I realize that reading ANYTHING to kids is wonderful and good for them and all, but sometimes I read these books and think, I could have written a book 60 times more fun and interesting than that! Anyone else feel that way?

8. Much like my sister-in-law and her mother, I am a stickler for grammar and spelling. I can literally spot a typo or wonky spelling from a mile away. And the weirdest part of that is that when I write stuff, revise it a billion times, then publish it, I'll come back later and see mistakes and get really PO'd. It drives me cray-cray!

9. Before we bought this little house, I didn't ever do ANY handiwork whatsoever. In fact, when Amy and I got married, she and her mother were worried that if anything broke down or needed fixin', we'd have to call a repairman every time. Happy to say I've proven them wrong, though they were totes right on at the time.

10. Knock on wood first ::knock knock:: I have never had a tooth cavity or broken bone. A billion stitches? Yes. A couple neuro disorders? Check. Near-death asthma probs? Yeppers.

I'm supposed to tag other people, but literally everyone I know with a blog has already been tagged and put their answers up, so forget it...I'm too late on this one.

3 comments:

brusoe2000 said...

I posted my 10 facts if you would like to check them out

brusoe.blogspot.com

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

Ok, that wasn't too shabby for being pukey with the flu! Not too shabby at all! Hope you're feeling better.

PS - And yes, I do feel that way about some of the books I read to Peyton. I think being a children's book author must be one of the easiest jobs on the planet sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You didn't tag me!

By the way, as far as kid's books go, you really should check out the Skippyjohn Jones books. (I'm really sorry, I can't remember the author right now.) They're about a Siamese Cat who thinks he's a Chihuahua.




www.pridemama.com