Tuesday, November 28

Yo Ho Ho

Howdy y'all!
It's been an eventful day here in our lives. I felt great and went to daycare today! I only had one fit today, which Mommy and Daddy said would have been heavenly over the weekend. Laurie was sure pleased. Yay! I am still being a little turd about taking my bottle. It has to be forced, which the 'rents take as a sign they need to step up the cereal feedings. I don't turn that stuff down. No how! And Daddy likes the fact that it doesn't end up in his face and hair twenty minutes later. Yippee!
Mommy, on the other hand, is not doing so whoopie. She had to miss a meeting after school (work) today because she is sicker than a shih tzu (dog, in layman's terms). She came down with a stomach thing at school and had a temperature of 103.1 by the time Daddy and I got home to check on her. Daddy quarantined her to the bedroom and we boys are camping in the living room. Our house smells like generic Lysol spray and plain label chicken noodle soup. Yeah, you would think that'd be a good smell; but together as one? Nay gets my vote.
We are germ infested here at Casa de Vrbi. Between Mommy at school and me at daycare, we don't stand a fighting chance without the aid of hand sanitizer and said stink spray.
My Granny Janny got the onesie in this picture for me in San Diego when she went there for an H&R Block meeting (cult gathering)! I am finally able to fit into it, so I thought we should post a picture of me in it to show off the outfit and my legs--which are getting quite a bit thicker. I'm also lying on the afghan Grandma Elaine crocheted for me. I love it!
And by the way, I don't even try to be cute anymore. I just can't even help it! It comes so natural. The cocked head, the blue eyes, long eyelashes, fuzzy head of hair, chubby cheeks and beautiful smile...it's all just the way I do business!
Speaking of doing business, rolling over is becoming old hat, so I have begun sitting up lately also. I'm in the preliminary stages of that, but it's coming along quite well. What can I say? I'm a quick study once I learn the task at hand.
Oh, and also...Aunt Missy...yeah...Daddy is going to steal your camera. Just thought I'd warn you, since you took this picture and it's flawless. Daddy's camera barely even focuses anymore. He gets mad every time he has to trash an otherwise awesome photo because the auto focus went wonky on him. Santa Claus, I've been such a good boy; won't you get my (shameless) Daddy a camera for Christmas?
And speaking of Christmas, Mommy and Daddy decorated the house for the holidays the other night. Tonight, Daddy was able to use the tacky fiber optic tree to hypnotize me into slumber. How am I writing this if I'm asleep, you ask? I'll never tell!
Welp, gotta run...
Peace out, m' ninjas!
JPV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I apparently brought home a nasty bug from Buffalo! My mommy is hoping she doesn't catch it too! Daddy was sick while I was gone, so hopefully he won't get round 2! The antibiotics aren't too bad, but the cough, runny nose, and fever aren't fun! Glad you're on the mend. When we're all feeling well, we need to get together!

Cara said...

All of my friends are sickies lately. What's up with that?!? I'm so happy you're rolling and almost sitting. Life is so much better once you get those skills down! Now, on to crawling. I haven't figured it out yet and Mommy and Daddy hope I wait until the Christmas tree is safe again in storage!
~~Cam